Saturday, October 30, 2010

My God's Not Dead

This past week we had revival services at my church. I was only able to attend two of the five services, which made me really sad, but God provided me with so many opportunities this week to experience revival outside of the four walls of our church building. 

On Tuesday night I was out with my Impact Team assisting with Trailblazers. Trailblazers is an after school program for kids at Pendleton Street Baptist Church. We have kids of all ages, and most of the time it seems like they are actually the ones ministering to us. Yes, it does get stressful but there is nothing better than walking into a room and getting bombarded with hugs from a bunch of adorable children. Seeing those kids is definitely one of the best parts of my week and I am so blessed to be given the opportunity to hang out with these kids. 

I was ecstatic to be able to attend the revival service at my church on Wednesday night. We had a "youth night" of sorts and I experienced worship in a way that I haven't in a really long while. One of the sings we sang was "Like a Lion" by the David Crowder Band. I first fell in love with this song when I heard at Look Up Lodge this summer. It speaks of the majesty of our Lord, which is something that we often overlook. The lyrics of this song have been stuck in my head all week, and I thought I should post them so that they could be stuck in your head too.   :)

"Let Heaven roar and fire fall. Come shake the ground with the sound of revival."

That is my prayer this week. I do not want revival to end at my church. I want it to continue and to spread throughout our community. I could turn this into a parody of a political speech, but I won't for the sake of time. So, just trust me that if we let revival sweep across our hearts, it could eventually affect our entire generation for Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment