Saturday, September 18, 2010

My First English 1310 Essay

I have recently written my first essay for English 1310, and it was actually a wonderful experience. When I finally decided on my topic, I realized that there were so many avenues that could be explored. I decided to do a descriptive paper based on the old Easley library. There are so many things about that library that are still vivid in my mind today. I began to jot down every single memory and sensory detail that I could imagine about that library. The only problem was how to narrow those topics down into something that would resemble a well-organized essay. It is so much more challenging than I thought it would be. After writing I realized that I had gone more than one hundred words over our five hundred word limit. This made me really mad. I had just poured my heart into this essay and now I was going to have to cut it apart and rip out some of its content. 
However, I did accomplish this goal and finally got under the maximum word count. I actually feel really proud of this essay. I know that there is still much to be edited and revised within it, but I am very excited that my first college essay has been written. A huge weight just lifted from my shoulders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment