Saturday, September 18, 2010

Getting to Know my Savior

This past week has been a week of intense spiritual growth for me. I do not mean that I had some seriously emotional, spiritual moment, but I am being honest with my fellow believers in saying that God has really been smacking me upside the head with some truths about who He is. I have been meditating on one question for several days now.

How can I share God's Word if I don't know God's Word?

Well, we all know that I actually can't, but if I am being completely honest I would have to say that I have been trying to share passionately about something that I don't even read every day. This obviously needs to change.

Therefore, I am going to do something about it, and I am asking for some serious accountability. I have decided to begin memorizing specific passages and verses of Scripture each week. This may sound really easy, but the truth is that most of us only know a few verses of Scripture by heart. How can I defend the Word if I don't know it? 

I can't. So, I am going to start learning, memorizing, and meditating on the Scripture every single day.
So, if you randomly see me at school or church and you happen to think of it, why don't you just go ahead and ask me if I have already had my quiet time today. Also, you can go ahead and ask me what verses I have memorized this week. I am going to get real with my fellow Christians because we are called to hold each other accountable. Thanks to everyone who is already helping me in this journey. 

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God's power for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek. For in it God's righteousness is revealed from faith to faith, just as it is written: The righteous will live by faith."
Romans 1:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment